Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What a Wonderful Life

I am amazed by all the blessings God has given me. Amazed because of the goodness and because I'm so undeserving of it all.
The other day I was driving home from somewhere and as I looked out at the bright blue sky and the billowing white clouds, I was overcome with the greatness that is my life. I felt "joy unspeakable and full of glory" as the old hymn goes. I feel that a lot. And yet, I can look back over my life and count the many whom my husband, Chad and I have lost:

James Moore - my dad
Ricky Sewell - my stepbrother
Erna T Moore - my paternal grandmother
Jason Arrington - my brother-in-law, Chad's twin
Sam Daderio - his step-grandfather
Jim Justus - his uncle
Jewell Hallonquist - my maternal grandmother
Bill Arrington - his paternal grandfather
JD Hallongquist - my maternal grandfather
Tommy Currey - friend/Chad's cousin, brother of my best friend
Buck Ethington - his uncle
Joe Hollinquest - my favorite uncle (mom's side)
Sherry O'Donnell - my favorite and only aunt (dad's side)
Bobby Sewell - my stepdad.
Carline Currey - friend/Chad's aunt, mother of my best friend

My dad and stepbrother passed away before Chad and I were married, but the rest we've gone through together, side by side, and hand in hand. And I could write on and on about crazy circumstances that surrounded many of their passings...from pregnancies and our babies being born to anniversaries and losing grandparents within hours of each other. Each person on that list meant a lot to us in different ways and for different reasons and each made an impact on our lives.
They also represent times in our lives that have not been easy. Which is why I am not only amazed at my life but that I have been given the understanding to see through all the clouds to better days ahead. That I can be full of joy at all that I've been given - from my beautiful children to the bed I lay down in each night. That amazes me too. Where else does that come from but God?
I am because He is and I can because He does.
I don't know how people deal with death and hard times without Jesus. We all face troubles and there is no promise of relief. No promise of earthly protection against hard times. But praise God there is more and we can live with hope and we can die with hope. I am thankful for my life...good times and bad for they've made me who I am and will continue to shape me into who I will be.

Thank you Lord for those I've loved. I miss them!
Thank you Lord for those I love. I enjoy them!
Thank you Lord for those I will love. I look forward to them. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment